A collector's job is to encourage clients to pay their debts on time and in full. However, some collectors tend to focus on their own objectives of getting the payment and forgetting that collection depends a lot on how clients feel about them. If the collection mode is centered on forcing and demanding clients to pay, this can turn out to be counterproductive for both the company and the collector.
This seminar teaches key collection approaches that emphasize the importance of effective communication skills and a systematic, professional approach for gaining a debtor's confidence and commitment to pay.
What makes this seminar different?
This program stresses the "How-To's" on key collection communication and skills collectors must master if they are to be successful in the field. More importantly it was designed based on realisticPhilippinecollection situations that assure applicability.
It combines serious instruction with practical tools that provides choices to participants on appropriate collection behavior and responses to motivate clients to pay. This proven training approach provides a stimulating learning experience as proven by thousands of people who have attended Collection seminars provided HarryPound Consultants Inc.
What are this seminar's objectives?
1. To help the collectors develop a more holistic understanding of the collection process – both from their side as well as the debtors
2. To present tools that combines effective customer service with collection activities to ensure better client-collector relationships
3. To learn how to prevent and manage collection problems and situations professionally
4. To know the basics of collection negotiation and managing the outcome for the good of the company
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is applicable to all collectors who would like to enhance their skills in managing their collection activities.
For new collectors this seminar presents critical concepts and tips that would be truly helpful in developing their confidence and commitment to perform their jobs well.
For experienced collectors this program would be a good refresher course for learning new skills in the field of collection.
What will you learn?
Module I – The Psychology of Collection
A. The Debtor's Psychology
1. Why do people pay their bills?
2. Why do others refuse or delay paying their bills?
3. Understanding the Debtor's emotion during the collection process
4. Tips on Managing your Collection Process
B. The Collector's Psychology
1. Testing if you're in the Right Job
2. Emotional Elements that hinder effective Collections
3. Managing the Obstacles your Encounter
4. Traits of Effective Collectors
Module II - Systematizing your Collection Process
A. Proactive Account Analysis
1. Regular and Frequent Review of Accounts
2. Segmenting your Accounts
3. Action Planning for Various Accounts
B. Cooperating with the Sales Team
1. Understanding the Differences and Similarities of both department's Goals
2. Promoting Team work between the two departments
3. Tips on Improving Sales-Collection Coordination
C. Aligning your Collection Approaches with Clients
1. Analyzing your Collection Approach
2. Understanding Problem Debtor Personalities
3. Developing a Collection Approach that works
Module III – Enhancing your Collection Communication
A. Collection Communication Tips
1. Telephone Collection
2. Written Collection Communication
3. Face-to-face Collection
4. Managing Customer Excuses and Smokescreens
B. Collection Negotiation Basics
1. Clarifying your Objectives
2. Analyzing your Power Bases when Negotiating with Debtors
3. Bracketing your Offer: Setting your Negotiation Limits and Boundaries
4. Analyzing your BATNA: Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement
5. Common Negotiating Techniques and how to handle them
6. Managing Negative Collection Situations
Module IV – Your Take-home Action Assignment: Applying what you have learned
A. Stating your Collection Improvement Areas
B. Developing your Action Plan
C. Evaluating your Performance: What worked and what didn't
D. Re-designing your Collection Activities for better performance