Writing for Results
In today's competitive business environment, the importance of having employees who can enhance the bond with customers and within the team through the power of the written word cannot be over emphasized.
Business memos and letters are effective tools for business growth and productivity. In order to boost your company's image and overall competitive edge, it is therefore necessary to equip your workforce with the practical skills and techniques to write professional business correspondence.
What makes this seminar different?
This seminar is focused on helping the participants:
- Properly organize each portion of a document (Opening, Body, Closing)
- Eliminate fillers, long phrases and redundant ideas from sentences and paragraphs
- Use the best formats for specific situations/information
3. Learn the essential portions of the different types of correspondence and the appropriate phrases to use in each one to ensure that the readers' concerns are addressed
4. Find out the meanings and differences between words/phrases that we confuse with each other (e.g. advice vs. advise)
The seminar includes a guided writing exercise where all the participants will be asked to revise a memo using the concepts and techniques discussed during the class.
Module I – Introduction
A. Why is Excellent Business Writing Important?
Module II - The Writing Process
A. Proper Planning
- Identifying Your Reader/s
- Identifying Their Needs
- Identifying Their Frame of Mind
2. The Organization Checklist
3. Structure – Opening/Body/Closing
C. 3 C’s of Business Writing
D. Common Writing Problems
G. Different Types of Correspondence