Professional Executive Assistant's Success Toolkit
DATE: March 17, 2017
VENUE: Holiday Inn and Suites Makati
Today’s executive assistants and secretaries have to “be more” and “do more” in the service of their bosses and company. Since they are the important bridge that links the office to clients and other departments, they need to accomplish their tasks with a higher level commitment and professionalism.
Managing their various tasks and workloads while at the same time, assisting their boss and department is no longer as simple as it seems. These situations may present various challenges and stressors that they might find difficult to cope with.
This seminar workshop was developed to boost the skills and competencies of today’s professional assistant. Anchored on the development of practical skills, tools and techniques to enhance their productivity and maximize their ability to deliver on the demands and expectations
of the people they serve.
This learning program’s objectives are targeted to help them:
1. Develop plans and set goals / priorities that are aligned to the needs of their bosses and department
2. Learn tools on how to organize and manage their time and resources to meet deadlines and complete their tasks
3. Effectively communicate with bosses, co-workers and visitors through the various communication media
4. Prevent and handle work issues and concerns that lead to crisis situations and difficult situations
5. Manage complaints and conflicts with the people they serve with a strong commitment to customer service
6. Appreciate the value of their job and derive meaning as well as fulfillment from what they do every day
7. Strive to be more than a “traditional” assistant by strengthening their motivation and dedication to their job and career
Module I – Planning and Organizing with Direction
A. The Distinct Role of Executive Assistants 1. Analyzing the Scope and Demands of your Work 2. What Bosses Want in their Assistants 3. Appreciating the Challenges and Opportunities of your Job
4. Working with Passion and Dedication
B. The Importance of Scenario Planning 1. Analyzing your Work Situation a. Daily, Weekly and Monthly Tasks b. Plannable vs. Reactive Tasks c. Specifying the Common Problems you Encounter
2. Traditional vs. Scenario Planning a. The Common Planning Problems Assistants encounter b. Setting Goals and Priorities in Coordination with your Boss c. Preparing for the Best and Worst Case Scenarios
C. Scheduling and Managing your Tasks 1. Analyzing your Boss’ Work Goals and Schedules a. Understanding your Boss’ Perspective b. Developing a Big Picture Mindset c. Ways to Enhance Scheduling and Appointment Setting
2. Time Management a. Time Management is Self-Management b. Working with Schedules and Priority Shifts c. Differentiating High payoff vs. Low Payoff Activities d. Managing the Common Time Wasters e. Developing a Work System that works for you
3. Resource and Task Management a. Common Issues on Managing Office Resources and Supplies b. Contingency Planning for Resource Problems c. Multi-tasking and Workload Reduction d. Delegating with Purpose and Accountability
Module II – Communicating and Motivating with Impact
A. The Executive Assistant as the Communication Hub 1. Projecting the Best Image for Executive Assistants a. Mastering Diplomacy and Tact in Communications b. Projecting a Professional Image c. Face-to-Face Contacts d. Managing Telephone, Email, Written and Verbal Communication
2. Improving the Communication Lines with your Boss a. Understanding your Boss’ Communication Needs b. Negotiating on your Boss’ Expectations c. Managing Misunderstandings and Problems
3. Communicating with a Customer Service Mindset a. The Importance of Assertive Communication b. Managing Encounters with Different People Personalities c. Handling Complaints and Resolving Conflicts d. Communicating with Difficult People and Clients
B. Motivating Cooperation without Formal Authority 1. Knowing your Role and Position in the Organization 2. Mastering the Use of Power and Politics 3. Promoting the Boss-Assistant Teamwork and Cooperation 4. Enhancing Inter-personal Relationships within the Company
Module III – Controlling the Office Affairs
A. The Importance of Control 1. The 3 Phases of Control 2. Evaluating the Issues that lead to Problems
B. Preventing and Addressing Problem Areas 1. The Difference between Problem Solving and Problem Finding 2. Problem Solving and Decision-Making 3. Managing the Fears of Making Decisions
Module IV - Leading with Purpose and Commitment
A. Harnessing your Leadership Skills 1. Creating your Strategy for Leadership 2. Thinking and Acting like a Leader 3. Building Trust and Teamwork with your Boss and Co-workers
B. Leading your Professional Growth 1. Analyzing what Blocks and Stunts your Growth 2. Creating your Vision for your Career Path 3. Committing to Go Beyond what is Expected
Rates per participant:
P7, 500 until February 16, 2017 and paid within the assigned due date
P8, 500 starting February 17, 2017 and paid within the assigned due date
P9, 500 + VAT for on-site payments
FREE 1 SEAT for every 5 seats availed.
* Rate for five seats availed will be based on actual date of payment.